Friday, March 23, 2012

...lil sidebar...

..yeah...yeah...I'm thinking...thinking of painting my ass black and walking down the avenue, pulling my pants down, and asking the passerbys to kiss my black ass...



...oh yeah...picked up Norah Jones' "Not Too Late", and Regina Spektor's "Begin to Hope" today...I know...I have got to work on my transitions from paragraph to paragraph...I'm just pretty excited about my purchase...too early to give full reviews...but after first listen...Norah adds another solid performance with her first album with all her own lyrics...seems a little more comical and freewheelin...also gets a little political on songs "Sinkin' Soon" and "My Dear Country"...I like...if you're a musician nowadays and don't come out with at least A token political song then you're no longer a musician...


...and Regina I have never heard before...her single "Fidelity" is a song my punkrockin' bro will say he doesn't like, but if you have ears, you fooking like it!...they say...and by they you know exactly who (whom?...what is the damn rule?) I'm referring to...THEY say Regina is anti-folk...and I will correct THEY because nobody really claims to be anti-folk...that's just corny - that is off the cob and G don't like corn off the cob...she definitly makes pop music but it's still good...I'll add to this after more listens if it is necessary...although I'm about to add pictures...two of them...so that will add 2,000 more words...that should be enough...later...one love?...

No comments:

Post a Comment